[plug] Linux Home vs Linux Server.?

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Sat Jan 8 08:51:35 WST 2005

Thanks Bill

You concise explanation had cleared up that query for me very well indeed.

Another question, although I can premise that your answer might be: "It is a
matter of personal choice", is this .....

When I was using Linux, I cut my teeth on Red Hat, only because it was easy
to set up and I had a friend who uses Red Hat to help me.  After completing
a course on Linux I moved to Debian and was happy with it.  Now I am
thinking of getting a second machine and setting up Linux on it, is Debian
still a popular choice among IT professionals and developers?  I am rusty,
but used to be quite proficient at Debian Linux.

Many thanks,  James Elliott