[plug] confused about linux

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:28:42 WST 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:17:34 +0800, mary welch <kiwiaus2003 at bigpond.com> wrote:
> i am running windows xp pro at present and would like to convert to
> linux-mandrake 10.1. i am getting confused with everything i am reading
> on the web whether it is better to partition my computer and keep
> windows or completely change to linux. Also i don't know whether i
> should download the cd's or buy linux e.g. not powerpack but discovery.i
> am not experienced in partition my computer either. i am using nero cd
> burner program too.
> mary
I'm not a mandrake user, but I can tell you that for your first
install it would be a good idea to have someone help you, and as for
Nero there is an app called K3b that is VERY similar to the layout of
Nero and Works just fine in Mandrake.
:-)
Oh and being a first time user, I'd suggest you go with the dual boot
WinXP / Mandrake rather than just mandrake..
But whomever you get to help you will show you how that works.. its
pretty simple.