[plug] ready for linux

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Jan 9 14:23:04 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 14:14, Chris Caston wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 13:49, mary welch wrote:
> > i have backup all my files i need. i also have my own disc of windows xp
> > pro if anything gones wrong. i am now ready to partition my
> > computer.please could someone either e-mail me the best way to do this
> > or tell me a website to go to that i can follow to do this.does
> > mandrake-linux work with isdn connection for the internet.i work with
> > telstra . i live in the country and don't have anyone near me to help me
> > with the partitioning.
> >

> Mary,
>
> I hope we can help you with this. I myself am more of a Debian user than
> a Mandrake user and have not used Linux with ISDN before but I expect
> there are lots of people on this list that have.
>
> There are also quite a few PLUG members and or mailing list users in
> different parts of WA so it would not surprise me if there is in fact a
> member near you that could help you out.
>
> Did you by any chance try out Knoppix as I suggested?

I'm also thinking that you may try Mandrakemove if we can find it for
you. It is like Knoppix but based on Mandrake. Perhaps you could run
this and try to get the ISDN working first before you try installing
Mandrake.

Does anyone else know if Mandrakwmove can be downloaded from anywhere or
is it a version you must buy?