[plug] mandrake-linux

bob bob at fots.org.au
Wed Jan 12 23:59:07 WST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:24 pm, mary welch wrote:
> download cd's for i486.

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry but I don't believe Mandrake support 486 hardware in the current
series of releases (if they ever did it was a while ago). You may have to
either re think the disto you want to use or find some newer hardware to
use.

Slackware or debian spring to mind as distros you could use with the current
hardware - neither of which have a "new user" friendly reputation.

A bit of a catch 22.

--
Birds and bees have as much to do with the facts of life as black
nightgowns do with keeping warm.