[plug] DeskBank again [UNCLASSIFIED]

Clark Julian Julian.Clark at cdpp.gov.au
Tue Jan 18 12:38:44 WST 2005

> However, I learned two things:
>
> 1. DeskBank up to but not including version 8.0 is a 16-bit
> application.
>    This means that at a pinch you could run it under Win311
> or the like
>    inside DosBox (or at a chinese burn, DOSEMU) at least to get it
>    installed;
>
> 2. (By implication, although the tech support bloke was careful to not
>    make any statements which could be taken as directly confirming or
>    denial) DeskBank does actually work in WINE;
>
> 3. WestPac is no longer interested in PC-based services, so they're
>    building a web-based replacement - and, reading between the lines,
>    it will be 100% dependent on MSIE. D'oh!

That looks a little like three things to me. :p

Westpacs current netbanking services don't appear to be MSIE specific..
(having used them successfully with firefox)
It's a shame to see them taking this path. Why shut yourself off from a
significant part of your market.
Perhaps they do not realise how many linux users(or simply non-MSIE
users) that they have as customers.

Perhaps we should let them know?

Cheers,

Julian

The information contained in this message and in any attachments is privileged and confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. You should not read, copy, use or disclose this information without authorisation. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please e-mail the sender immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorised dissemination, disclosure, copying or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may result in legal action.