[plug] Thanks Craig!

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Fri Jan 21 10:38:40 WST 2005

Leon Brooks wrote:

>For a good laugh at the hackery last night.
>
>For the absent: it was a good warning to all: don't drive your computer
>tired, or you may unexpectedly fall asleep - which can be more
>frustrating than crashing.
>
>One of the other outcomes was a much improved plugin script for
>ComputerAngels, which mounts/unmounts stuff reliably
>at /media/NameOfDevice (e.g. /media/Sony for my digital still camera
>and /media/Flash_Disk for a memory stick). And Harry got to show off
>his bright and cheerful graphic arts skillz.

Just going from what the above says. It may make more sense to use hal
(and d-bus) and with a script or gnome-volume-manager. I just discovered
it in Ubuntu and set it up on my Debian box and it works nicely. Not
quite sure how gnome-volume-manager would go without gnome but it may be
worth a try.
Or just using hal (d-bus) and a script.

If your solution is really good for low end machines maybe you could
post it.

On that note, is it possible to get parts of the Computer Angels distro
for low end machines for us at home trying to setup a low end machine
for a kid?

Thanks

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net