[plug] Mail Server question

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Sun Jul 10 22:24:25 WST 2005

Hello all,

Been a long time since I posted a query or topic. Anyway, here goes.

The mail system on my server seems to be working okay, but everytime I set
something up using Microsoft Outlook or other Linux mail programs, I get an
error message saying: Can't connect to mail.joongcho.com connection refused.
Is this because I haven't set up my mail server properly yet and how do I go
about setting up a mail server. I have got dovecot installed on my server
but don't know a thing or two about how to go with setting it up and I'm
using postfix for my mail transfer agent.

I also get the following error message when I type in telnet
mail.joongcho.com 143:
Trying 202.72.186.114
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused...

Also, is this the correct config file for postfix under /etc/postfix/main.cf

myorigin = $myhostname
myhostname = joongcho.com
mydomain = joongcho.com
mydestination = joongcho.com, startreklibrary.com
relay_domains = $mydomain
relayhost
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
mailox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSTION"
mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +

Thanks for any help and input. I really need to set up my mail server as
that is the only thing bugging me at the moment.

Joong Cho
Joong Cho Enterprises
President

Business: +61 8 9354 7178
Fax: +61 8 9354 7174
Mobile: +61 0439 963 499

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/