[plug] Video Capture - USB/FireWire

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jul 13 14:18:12 WST 2005

Hi all,

After realising that my current web-cam is not up to the task and my
digital camera unable to interact in a real-time fashion with my
workstation, I've come to the conclusion that I need to look elsewhere.

I've been hunting for video capture devices which take a video source
and translate that into either USB or FireWire. My computer doesn't have
any slots to stick any PCI or ISA cards into it, so it will have to be
external.

    * Who has done this?
    * Does anyone have any recommendations?
    * Who should I be investigating as a supplier.

(Oh, hmm, I should point out that it needs to work under Linux and not a
pain in the butt to setup.)

Any assistance will be gracefully accepted.

Kind regards,

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..