[plug] Network Opinions

Chris Watt something.rotten at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:24:55 WST 2005

Major reason we don't want to run a Windows Server is that it doesn't
tend to have nice long uptimes and they tend to need looking after.
Also, I'm not being responsible for the security on such a server, as
I am just not confident in the platform at all (from experience).

In saying that, I did look at that possibility but I just can't support it.

I assume that each of the different modules you mentioned would have
tutorials/howto's online that I could access.

The servers will be running Ubuntu or some other Debian derived Linux
(if not Debian).

I plan to administer my Webmin because I can do it from home then,
rather than drive here, do work, and drive home without getting any
cash for the trouble (I'll use some ssh, etc too).

If it's not going to be too much like repeating myself, is it possible
to bug you all for a quick, concise list of what packages/apps to use
and what the things are called that allow me to do things like map the
local docs to the server docs.

Cheers Guys, I can probably do the rest of the research then and then
after that post you my troubleshooting questions.

~Chris