[plug] Virtual machines inside virtual reality?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 20 22:19:31 WST 2005

On 20 Jul 2005 at 15:34, Chris Caston wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had a daydream today about a workplace created in "virtual reality"
> with with embedded virtual machines. Anyone have any idea if this would
> be possible with currently available software? Perhaps something like
> qemu (for the virtual machines) and freewrl, or openvrml?
>
> thanks,
>
> Chris

Yes certainly - multiple CPU's  - multiple OS's - there seems to be no limit.

Check out the new paradigm in virtual systems - using ' Xen ' - it might just shake your
perceptions of ' virtual systems' - it even makes the ' host OS' run as a guest on its own system -
and can manage as many as 128 VM's at once -  for more info goto :

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

http://www.xensource.com/

http://www.gartner.com/press_releases/asset_126054_11.html

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5741373.html

There is also a major write up on this topic in the ' June 2005' edition of Linux Format (LXF67).

Regards Arie