[plug] Time format in Debian Sarge

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 9 11:10:17 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 10:48 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> Using the locale command, shows that each locale setting is "POSIX",
> except LC_ALL, which has no value assigned.

The POSIX locale, `C', is essentially en_US.ISO-8859-1 for all that it
matters.

> Using the dpkg-reconfigure locales command, shows that en_AU ISO-8859-1
> and en_IN UTF-8 and en_US ISO-8859-1, are checked.

Yes. You will then be prompted for the *default* locale. Set that to
en_AU or en_AU.UTF-8 (I'd use the latter unless you know you have a
reason not to).

> Should the date be displayed using the USA format, with these settings?

Under the default POSIX locale, yes.

> I want to retain the USA keyboard layout, but use UK English language
> and UK English or ISO date display format.

That's fine - keyboard layout is independent from your locale.

--
Craig Ringer