[plug] ADSL stressed out?

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at p-s-t.com.au
Thu Jun 9 19:24:29 WST 2005

Just thought I'd add, that when I first signed up with Bigpond ADSL
(Going back, a good 5 years ago now)  I often had a similar problem with
my Alcatel Speedtouch.  Telstra described the problem as a full pipe,
something shits itself, and needs to be reset to gain connection again.
It sounded like a load of shit to me, and at the end of my contract
period, I swapped straight to Netspace, and was happy for long after,
without the drop out problem.

However, this could be a problem, affecting ADSL users on Speedtouch's?
Especially as I imagine a high load 512/512 connection may put a fair
amount of stress on the old hardware... Naaaah :P