[plug] Added functionality in FF

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:16:28 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 00:05 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 10:45 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 02:04 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:

- snip -

> > Also, see that I pointed you to another extension that now puts the
> > "close" button on each tab in firefox.  The extension to look for is
> > "Tab Mix", which has a whole heap of other functions.  Generally, look
> > at all the tabbed browsing extensions :-)
>
> Installed Tab Mix, but it sorta bites - it seems to have a problem with
> Session Saver - but Tab X works just fine - thanks.

Can you be specific?  I don't have any conflict between the two
extensions.  Did your problem start after installing tab mix or after
setting some options?

I just went and grabbed a whole heap of extensions even when some
appeared to offer duplicate features.  Despite that everything seems to
work.  Write some more to this list and maybe post the developer of the
extension with specifics.

> You're right that FF is the place to be - just feel bad that the huge
> amount of intelligent design that went into Galeon is being wasted.

You got that right, sad to say!  IMO, galeon was streets ahead of all
GUI browsers at one time, but recently I saw stats that show its use has
dropped more than halved to something woeful like <10% while firefox has
grabbed something like 70% of Linux desktops in the last couple of
years.  I didn't double-check those figures, but they are something like
that.  It would prove a really interesting computer science topic to
examine what makes some FOSS projects rock and what makes others die,
when both had near-equal potential at the start.

> > However, galeon still is the only one with tabs down the side and the
> > ability to send tabs to other windows.  Oh, and did I mention its just
> > that bit faster?  Not giving up on galeon yet, though firefox is getting
> > better every day.  Use both as the mood takes you, that's my belief ;-)
>
> Have you found a way to share bookmarks? That'd make it easier to use
> whichever on you wanted.

Yeh, being able to do that was what got me using firefox initially.  In
mozilla>

it's really that simple.  You can also use similar, but reverse steps to
send from firefox to galeon.

Gavin