[plug] Voice Over IP

Mark Dixon MarkDixon at iiNet.net.au
Mon Jun 13 14:13:45 WST 2005

Shayne asked: "Are they legal?"

Well the Prime Minister used a technology very much like this quite
extensively in the lead up to the last federal election.  So apparently
it is at least legal for politicians.  However, I note with disgust that
the pollies have explicitly excluded themselves from the requirement to
obey the anti-SPAM legislation so they may well have excluded themselves
from voice Spam as well.  Back to square one - is it legal?

Apart from the legality is it also worth asking: will the charity do
more harm than good by using a sales technique that a growing number of
potential donors find obnoxious.