[plug] phpBB question

Mark Dixon MarkDixon at iiNet.net.au
Wed Jun 15 13:01:08 WST 2005

One way to do it is just to remove those icons and links.  The following
should work for that:

1. Make a copy of the file ../templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl
(relative to the directory in which you installed phpBB.  This is a
backup incase the following steps do more harm than good.

2. Open that file with a text editor.

3. Search for "U_MEMBERLIST".  Remove from the "<a href" before that
keyword down to the "</a>" which follows "L_USERGROUPS" (that's about
370 characters or very roughly 4 lines of html text that you remove).

4. Save the file.

5. Browse to your phpBB - you should find the two icons for Memberlist
and for Usergroups are now gone.  If so, enjoy!

6. If that does not work you can just copy the backup file you made in
step 1 back to the original file name to restore the damage.