[plug] [OT] ITE 8212 XP Preinstallation disk (GA-8KNXP)

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 21 11:13:27 WST 2005

8<-------------- snip ------------------->8

> > I have been to the Gigabyte website and it seems the .exe file there
> > is
> > corrupted. I am in the middle of my third email to gigabyte trying to
> > sort this out and thought maybe someone here might be able to help
> > (could be quicker here!).
> >
> > This is the motherboard support link, for those interested.
> >
> http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.x).htm

I too have been to the website - did you copy the downloaded file to a floppy disk first, then try
to access the file from the floppy during the XP setup process - I think you will find that it will
work if you follow the instructions from the web site.

ie :

Intel ICH5R /ICH6R /ICH7R
(Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy)

I suspect that the file will be accessible from the floppy during setup.

Regards Arie