[plug] flatscreen monitors [OT]

Leon Brooks leon-plug at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Mar 10 10:19:32 WST 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 08:07, Meryon Montgomery wrote:
> I have a friend that needs a flatscreen monitor that can display A3
> pages all at once clearly for DTP requirements. Does anyone know of a
> monitor that can do that?

Yes, no pricing, though (I'm guessing something breathtaking like about
USD$30,000), and at that size the resolution for print will be a bit
fuzzy:

    http://msn-cnet.com.com/Hello+PLUGgers/2009-1041_3-5602677.html

> Can a standard monitor do the job or do you need a widescreen one?

A standard monitor tipped on its side would do. For print work, you want
very high resolution (200DPI or better) and to make the page life-sized
you'll need to be tipping over at leats a 21" CRT.

> Are there any preferences for manufacturer?

Not ViewSonic. Some of their recent models have been... lamentable.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia