[plug] Nero launches a version for Linux.

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:55:27 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 13:36 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > You create a new product and either Bills comes and buys you out or
> > he goes and makes it part of his OS by taking publicly available
> > source code.</rant>
>
> Actually, I'd argue that "bill" has gone to significant lengths not to
> tread on their software vendors in these areas

Hmmm?  You don't think that MS would give away the tools with which to
commit software piracy, do you?  More likely they'd side with some
industry heavyweights to outlaw CD/DVD burners under copyright
infringement law.  Think about that before you pat Bill on the back for
being a good corporate citizen ;-)

Regards, Gavin.