[plug] Nero launches a version for Linux.

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu Mar 17 14:44:31 WST 2005

Ben Jensz wrote:
> Just because something might be for an open source operating system, or
> is just generally open source doesn't by definition mean it has to be
> free.  Open source doesn't automatically mean free.
>
> I personally think its a good thing, the more commercial software
> companies that make software for Linux, the more likely we are to see
> widespread usage of it.  The less barriers there are for someone to use
> Linux as a desktop OS in a commercial or even home environment, the better.

I can go with that.  However, Nero are making out that NeroLinux is free
(large font "FREE"), and it's not!  Playing semantic hop-scotch with
Windoze Nero doesn't alter the fact that you must pay for NeroLinux -
it's not free.  Why not be upfront and just say so.  I own a lot of
proprietary software, and have no qualms about paying for good stuff.
My gripe is about their dishonesty.

Kev
Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
Windows isn't the answer. Windows is the question. The answer is NO!
I use, recommend and support OS/2 Warp and eComStation.