[plug] Re: trouble installing Redhat 9

David Buddrige dbuddrige at wasp.net.au
Sun Mar 27 11:33:22 WST 2005

This is in reply to everyone who's replied so far.  Thanks for your
assistance so far; The only reason that I have selected RH9, is that I
happened to have a copy of Redhat 9 on hand;  I have tried Mandrake 9.0
before on this computer but it was waaay too slow with the graphical
environment.  I might have a copy of Debian woody lying around somewhere
[just the first CD] which I might give a shot.  Basically I just want to get
a web-proxy going as easily and painlessly as possible so that we can have
everyone in the household surfing at the same time...

Second priority is to get email downloading; but it is less of a priority
than the web [I can use webmail at a pinch].  Whatever I use has to be on CD
as I only have a 32x CD-Rom on this computer.  The other machine I have to
try is a PII 200Mhz - also with 64MB RAM, so either way it needs to run on
minimal hardware requirements.

I think I'll give Debian another go at this point....

cheers

David.