[plug] [OT] ADSL line filter for Uniden cordless phone

Greg gmacham at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 29 23:00:20 WST 2005

Chris Caston wrote:

>Hello,
>
>A customer's adsl drops out and it is assumed to be because of their
>cordless phone and not having the right line filter.
>
>Their ISP suggested a Digitor F2866. Anyone know where to get these or a
>similar line filter that will stop their adsl from dropping out?
>
>regards,
>
>Chris

I see quite a few adsl faults and cant Ive seen what you have mentioned.
As mentioned usually its a filtering issue. If the customer can hear the
data noise on the line this is often a symptom of  poor filtering .
Things to check orientation of filter , digital foxtel, alarm plugged in
, external bell etc .

note: even if the phone you are listening on has a filter  and you hear
the noise it normally doesnt mean the filter is faulty but the noise is
reflected off another piece of equipment in the house that is unfiltered

Regards

Greg