[plug] doorbell

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Thu May 26 07:19:41 WST 2005

On 25/05/2005, at 9:55 PM, Gavin Chester wrote:

> Bloody hell!! Everyone had fun being complete geeks!!  You've
> either all
> got too much time on your hands or too much imagination for your
> own good.
> I can't believe some of the drivel that's being suggested - even by
> the
> original poster with the problem.  Why us a sledgehammer to crack a
> nut?
> Just re-read my original _ideal_ answer (below) - wireless doorbell,
> wireless doorbell, wireless doorbell, repeat after me ... They're not
> expensive - take them anywhere in the house.  Get a life.

Yes, a wonderful idea the wireles doorbell, got it. But, the original
request mentioned he could not hear doorbell with headphones on and
blasting his ear drums into early retirement. So, a flashing light
works a treat in this scenario, and I even have phone in studio
working of a flashing light. Not that I answer it, but at least I
know someone rang.

> Huff, huff, huff.  Ahh. now I feel better.

But did you blow that darn house down!