[plug] doorbell

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu May 26 11:19:49 WST 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 10:25:14 +0800 Mark J Gaynor wrote:

> > At some point I humourously said:
> >> But Gavin, it's such an obvious, simple, effort-free, life-having
> >solution.
> >>
> >> Where's the geek cred in that ?!
>
> Why does one always have to make life so difficult. I'm a firm believer
> in taking the easy solution to a problem.

I'm so misunderstood (sobs crocodile tears into hanky).

The point of exploring (and maybe even using) some creative non-commercial
non-off-the-shelf option is to LEARN. Who gives a rat's about the end-point;
other than sharing a bit of a joke about how badly constructed or overly
cumbersome some aspect of the hardware is ? As long as it does the job.

Point taken earlier about not smoking the computer. But otherwise, a few
smoked 25 cent interface components is a fast way to go:

"Way Hey! That's clearly _not_ the solution. LOL"

Edison's electric lightbulb prototypes and all that. And also this guy:
http://www.dyson.com/nav/inpageframe.asp?id=DYSON/HIST/BAGPROB

I actually wish I had the time and wherewithall to play about with even
more difficult solutions. Then I'd have a life ;-P

cu
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/