[plug] Mozilla Calendar with Neon

Aaron Wooten aaron at itwa.dynalias.net
Tue Nov 8 14:10:54 WST 2005

Evert van Dijk wrote:

>Has anyone used Neon to host the .ics files that are used to store the
>Calendar data for Mozilla Calendar?
>http://webdav.org/neon/
>
>I want host several users files with the intention of being able to book
>appointments/tasks/to do lists for each other.
>I was going to setup an internal web server using the Mod_dav Module for
>Apache (http://webdav.org/mod_dav/) when it came to my attention that
>Neon was a dedicated app.
>I installed it on SuSE 10 using the Yast2 tool but I cannot find where
>to edit the .conf file or where the binary file is to start it.
>
>Should I continue with Neon or should I return to my original plan of
>Apache with mod_dav?
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Evert

Hi Evert

I havent tried neon yet, however I have just set up a mod_dav server for
use with around 20 mozilla sunbird calenders.
and it works flawlessly, I have found that sunbird requires you to
create at least one entry in your calender before you can publish it to
your webdav server.

There is a good howto avalible at
http://www.twilight-systems.com/flacco/mozcal/mozcal-webdav-apache2-rh9.html

Hope this helps