[plug] Opensource groupware STILL SUCKS!

simon simon at chrome64.org
Tue Nov 8 17:10:26 WST 2005

Alex Nordstrom (lx at se.linux.org) wrote:

> Tuesday, 8 November 2005 16:27, Mr Shayne wrote:
> > And keeping in mind there are *NO* viable open source alternatives to
> > outlook on windows. I'm assuming we are all briefed on the trials and
> > tribulations of trying to convince a completely unwilling staff to
> > move to linux desktops.
>
> So start deducting the cost of downtime and license fees incurred by
> using proprietary software from the paychecks of the unwilling and
> watch them change their minds.

Im not fully understanding the problem I think...... it appears to be
something like:

MS: All opensource groupware sucks
me: Then dont use it
MS: But I want to use it!
me: why? it sucks! Use Outlook/Exchange or something
MS: but its not opensource!
me: and?
MS: Its too expensive
me: then use something free that doesnt work.....
MS: But I want something free that works
me: didnt we already cover this?

:D

--
Simon Scott