[plug] help needed with Ubuntu screen resolution

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz_g at arach.net.au
Sun Nov 20 19:17:20 WST 2005

I've found certain video drivers have an autodetect mode (I had this
problem with SUSE actually) that attempts to guess what resolution /
refresh rate etc your monitor uses or something. What kind of video
driver does your laptop use? I think I stumbled across this when I
checked the man page for some intel video card driver... It was the i810
from memory and..

  Option "DDC" "boolean"
               Disable or enable DDC support.  Default: enabled.

I had to set this to false. Perhaps that is your trouble?

Tomasz