[plug] [OT] - anybody read this interesting take on OFOS?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 3 14:11:21 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 09:05 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Sunday 02 October 2005 23:35, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> > Maybe it's just that I, like Torvalds, come from a home of two
> > journalists (and therefore, as Bezroukov writes of him and his
> > alleged conspiracy to gain "superhero" status, "...inherited a
> > journalistic talent..." and an understanding of "...how important is
> > (sic) to project the right public image..."), but I find myself
> > wondering about the author's intentions.
>
> All you need to know about Linus, you can quickly glean from watching
> his quiet, patient trio of daughters. Pets, also, are a good indication
> of their owners' true personality. The short story is, of course, that
> Bezroukov is full of it.
>
> Cheers; Leon

Well, I've never met Linus, but from what I've read and seen, I reckon
I'd like him a lot.

The Good doctor's main problem appears to be that Linus hasn't bowed out
of Linux development (he's still doing a good job as far as I'm
concerned), and that somehow it is unreasonable to make money from his
hobby, and also that in spite of having more developers, the *BSDs are
more secure - and, oh, yes, Linus is sometimes nasty on the kernel
mailing list (I'd be too) - and he doesn't like ESR. (If the good doctor
wants nasty he should hang out on the OpenBSD list with Theo de
Raadt...)

I have no problem with his not writing perfect English - I would have
difficulty writing in Russian, but he could organise his thoughts
better.

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart

Linux Counter user #306629