[plug] DFI Motherboards - Sound

Phillip Kilby bishop.frog at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 05:35:25 WST 2005

I think AMD is mainly let down by the motherboards these days. My cpu
also had a few cooling problems before I added the sk97 copper brick.
I notice with my system in particular, that RAM, northbridge chip and
video were the two contributing failures. well I fixed the northbridge
by putting a cpu heatsink on it, ram is running slower now, and video
has the old athlon cpu heatsink as well. So far so good. Just think
its stupid that I had to go to all this trouble to get a stable
system. Although in some ways I also learned a lot.

I do believe AMD are doing this to stay competative though, they want
the same bang for buck, if not better, in order to get equivilent
sales. Intel's built a reputation for quality and AMD, even with their
current very high quality x2 and 64 cpu's, can't swing thrings around
over night... All because a lot of other people got sick of the huge
cooling requirements or instability in the past. In my case, I almost
went intel because I was so dissapointed with the k6-2 compared to the
cheaper and better Celeron. I was like woo, 350mhz k62, and others
were like: w00t celeron 333A @ 600mhz with stock cooling...

Phillip.

On 10/12/05, Paul Mc <paulmc at ii.net> wrote:

> Leon Brooks wrote:

> >>I dont want to start a war here,
> >

> > If that were really true, you wouldn't have posted. (-:
>
> I used to be the biggest fan of AMD (no pun intended), back in the K2
> and K3 days. Then I had 3 of them die on me in a row - which I was not
> overclocking. I guess once bitten, twice shy (or 3 times bitten, 4 times
> shy).
>
> Since buying Intel for the last....  however long its been since those
> days, I have had no problems, rock solid machines.

"The ecological crisis is a moral issue."