[plug] Linux Desktop Market, office interoperability

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Oct 25 10:12:47 WST 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 17:01, simon wrote:
> Kirk Turner (gameldar at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Microsoft has publicly stated that it does not plan to support
>> OpenDocument. Its stated rationale is that OpenDocument is missing
>> some important functionality. Many are very sceptical of this claim

> If I were them I wouldnt support it either.

If you were really them, you would, grudgingly and late, support it in a
slightly broken fashion. Just enough that your lackeys can claim
support, not enough to make it truly useful for the purpose.

I expect that their export will be nearly perfect, but import will lose
formatting and such *unless* you're importing an ODT exported by
MS-Word.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia