[plug] Flame war bait - Ubuntu vs Kubuntu

Mr Shayne shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sat Oct 29 23:55:24 WST 2005

Part of what I like about Ubuntu is also what I like about gnome, and this
is a personal thing btw, is that its minimalism seems to get out the way
and let one work.

Because of that I really am not keen on this whole kububtu thing. What KDE
does well is have heaps of usefull stuff. What Gnome does is keep it
simple and effective. I think the gnome philosophy is more in tune with
ubuntu , whereas gnome is more in tune with the likes of Knoppix.

But thats just my feeling. Your mileage may vary.

--
Freedom's just another word for something new to regulate