[plug] Mozilla Firefox

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri Sep 2 07:58:49 WST 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 02:26:30AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> When I reset the system, and tried to run Firefox, it kept coming up
> with a dialogue box relating to profiles, showing one profile named
> default, and when I clicked <OK>, it displayed another dialogue box that
> said that that profile was in use and that I needed to delete it or
> create another one.

When you're sure firefox is not running, delete
~/.mozilla/firefox/profile_default/lock

This will let you use the Default profile again.  I assume something bad
happened when you rebooted your box the first time.

> Then, when I next ran Firefox, it loaded and ran, without going via
> the profile dialogue box (no option to select which profile)

Start firefox with:

  # firefox -P

This will allow you to manage your profiles and select the one to start
with.

> I tried the "Help" facility (not very helpful), and it had no entry for
> profiles.

This is a useful resource:

  http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/

It includes nice bits and pieces, such as:

  http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Be a part of the Open Source
 http://the.lostrealm.com/     | Community, not the Open Source