[plug] [OT] Digital still camera batteries

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Wed Sep 7 21:54:03 WST 2005

A few months ago I bought a Canon PowerShot A520 for those times when I
don't want to take my SLR but when I know I'll be taking photo's (like
on holidays), I didn't bother using the supplied battieres.

With the camera (ordered from www.camerastore.com.au) I got a carry
case, gig memory card, 8 x 2400 mAH battiers and a four bay battery charger.
Depending what type of shots I'm taking and what the camera settings are
those two batteries usually last me a week. I do a fair amount of
daytime landscape and night shots with the camera on manual and using no
flash, just open shutter and high numberical aperture value and ISO 50
to reduce "noise" as much as possible.

Why 8 batteries ? the 520 takes two batteries and I used to have an A70
which took four, so with 8 I always have at least two good sets of
batteries on stand-by 'cause the last thing you want is to be in the
middle of shooting and your last good set of batteries goes flat !

--
Capture the memories, relive the moment
www.vk6ksj.net/photography/