[plug] Good fast Raid hardware Controller

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at p-s-t.com.au
Tue Sep 13 08:58:39 WST 2005

That's probably the question.  What speed improvements were you
expecting?  My drives do about 30MB/s sustained transfers between each
other (slower for ones on the same channel or PATA ribbon), so when I
was getting 45-55, its nearly twice the speed.  Happy with that.  I
think the results are very different with say a SATA raid card, and 4x
WD Raptors 10,000rpm drives in Raid-0.

I'm not sure if you read OCAU at all, but:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=179581
http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=170451

The first one specifically.

Regards