[plug] [Slightly-OT] Computer for Paralysed

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Sep 15 12:40:49 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 11:06 +0800, Jonathan Young wrote:
> I guess some ideas to look at would be voice control, tablet PCs /
> laptops, touch-screens (though he would need to use his mouth to hold
> a stylus etc.)  Windows or Linux, all these things should still be
> possible - it depends what he is used to and if he is prepared to
> learn a new OS at the same time as learning a new way of inputting
> data.  Working with graphics tablets, OCR and joystick-type controls
> might also be on the cards in coming up with a combination solution.
>
> I have not had an personal experience with these devices, but there
> would have to be more online if you search for some of these terms /
> devices.
>
> Sorry I can't be of any more help, at the moment, anyway.

Try Googling for whatever the US forces are using for their
damaged/injured soldiers. I remember seeing a long article about
alternate HIDs specifically for disblaed vets, but I can't find it now.
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart