[plug] Help with Gentoo rc scripts wanted

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 11:43:25 WST 2005

and dont forget to cfg-update -u

Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:Hi all,

I'm playing with Gentoo 2005.1 at the moment, and I have to say it's
rather nice. One problem is I can't get it to boot into a graphical
logon. It says that it's achievef runlevel 3 and that's it. I did do the
"rc-update add xdm default" thing after changing the display manager in
rc.conf to kdm-3.3.2 (which gets me kde after a startx) , but no ....

Extracts from /etc/rc.conf follow

> # What display manager do you use ? [ xdm | gdm | kdm | entrance ]
> DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm"

and

> # Defaults depending on what you install currently include:
> #
> # Gnome - will start gnome-session
> # kde- - will start startkde (ex: kde-3.0.2)
> # Xsession - will start a terminal and a few other nice apps
>
> XSESSION="kde-3.3.2"

.. and, yes, I will upgrade to KDE 3.4 "Real soon, now"

Any ideas?

TIA
--
Richard Meyer
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au

http://mail.yahoo.com