[plug] Help with Gentoo rc scripts wanted

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 19 12:48:04 WST 2005

Blockers happen every now and again.  What has happened in KDE's case is
the underlying mix pf packages has changed, so they force a manual
removal of that package before you can continue.  This is to minimise
breakages and make sure that the admin is aware of whats happening.  It
could have been made automatic, but "control" is what this is about.

To fix, "emerge unmerge kde-base && emerge world -uDvp" to see what
changes have been made.  Then an "emerge world -u" will roll the changes
in if you are happy with them, or do it individually if you need to
modify the order/mix.

The portage manual should describe the process in detail if needed.

BillK