[plug] VOIP suggestions please

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Apr 9 02:03:40 WST 2006

Hendrik Strydom wrote:
> You could try zfone, which aims to be a secure voip application.  It it
> still in beta though, but is done by Phillip Zimmerman who gave us pgp.
> The only snag is that the other end of the call must have it too, but
> then the same holds true for Skype.  As yet zfone has no documented
> security problems, but that could possibly be because it is new.
> See
> http://www.philzimmermann.com/EN/zfone/index.html

I looked at zfone, but my remote end has to be windows (as thats the machine mum and dad use as a
daily driver, and I could not find a way of getting it to proxy from another machine).

Anyway, now I have openvpn set up and working I use it for voip in addition to shuffling around
secure documents with much more confidence in the security of the whole network.