[plug] laptop

Jason uq1 at hate-tank.net
Tue Aug 15 09:15:40 WST 2006

I've had a Sony Vaio Z1GP (Their first Centrino lappy) for the past 3 years or so and I've had absolutely no problems.

I immediately removed the windows partition and installed redhat on it with no issues whatsoever (apart from no wireless drivers back then) and about
a year ago moved to debian and have had absolutely zero issues with anything, including the cdrom/rw drive.

The only issue I *did* have were related to service, which I agree, is terrible.  Plus the build quality is definately lower than I would have
expected.

My fiance also ran debian on an old (p3/850?) Vaio FX770K (Or similar) with little to no problems.

Jason.