[plug] mysql question.

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 19 16:03:11 WST 2006

I think the basic problem you have is your email reader is
mis-configured.  It *should* be autowrapping the text both for receive
and send - if it doesnt you need to find out why.

Correspondingly, the rest of the world uses autowrap and depending on
font and display settings (to say nothing of the extra work needed to
cut&paste - a particular hatred of mine because I sometimes have to do
it!) it can be well nigh unreadable.

BillK

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 15:54 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 19 Aug 2006 at 10:02, Michael Holland wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Arie Hol wrote:
> >
> > > Note the <> around the URL - this time ???
> > > But it was too short to wrap anyway. :-)
> >
> > No problem, try this redirector:
> >

> <http://hugeURL.com/IoloZahyaeW2jungoo7peiRiethaugaed4eag5eedai7om9ahyaed6
> > Tahbu5ijohsh8ohpi4gu0Fiebu>
> >

> 1 - I tried the above link that you sent to me - it "timed out".
>
> 2 - I then forwarded your email to myself and the link was "broken"
>
> Conclusion :
>
> Some things - work for one person, other things work for other people.
>
> So I guess that I will stay with my 74 character line wrap in all emails
> that I send.
>
> In my view - it is easier to read a "narrow column" of fixed line
> lengths, than it is to read a mixture of long and short lines of text
> that may/may not require scrolling to the right in order to read them.
>
> Given that, I receive between 120 -150 emails every day that I actually
> read and respond to - some of them can be quite lengthy - so having a
> narrower field to read, makes reading quicker and easier to understand.
>
> It also makes proof reading and error correction a more enjoyable task
> before clicking "Send".
>
> Regards Arie
Home!