[plug] entertainment centre

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Dec 6 09:04:18 WST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006, Shannon Carver wrote:
> If you want to go the easy route, there's a roll your own/live cd style
> installation disk called Knoppix-Myth or Knoppmyth, something to that
> effect.  Before I set up mythtv on my spare Gentoo machine, I tried this and
> everything seemed to work out of the box.
>
> The biggest piece of advice I can give is research the digital tv cards
> available before you buy them.  They're a bit touch and go like Wireless
> cards.. You get some that work the first their inserted in the system and
> you never have a problem with them.  Then there's the other ones with little
> to no support which are a true bugger to get working to any acceptable
> level.

Which cards have been had positive or negative experiences with?

What i'd like to do is receive FTA digital TV and spit the TV stream out
via Multicast onto my LAN. I'd then like to use other devices to watch
the multicast stream and, if possible, record the streams as required.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Adrian

--
- Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - Hosting and Commercial Squid Support -