[plug] UPDATE: Dual Desktop on OpenSuse10

Ranz ranz at devdata.net
Wed Feb 1 10:26:49 WST 2006

Hi all,

As you know I've been dabbling with my Shuttle running OpenSuse 10
x86_64 - trying to get two 19" LCD's going in a "Big Desktop" mode.

Well, I decided to turf the ATI card and put an NVidia card in it's
place. At first I didn't get it working - could only get one screen
going. I bought a dual-core x2 3800, (not that made a difference) and
decided to run YOU. I ran YOU THREE times - it upgraded the kernel twice
- and if you include the first time you install it does an update - that
is 3 kernel updates :)

Finally I could get the NVIDIA script/driver to run in init 3 - and it
finally compiled and whammo! dual head.

Thought I might share :)

BTW - the dual core is awesome :)

Cheers,