[plug] Bluetooth headset connection issue

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 1 12:41:14 WST 2006

Hello All,

I have recently been playing around with bluetooth (having got a
bluetooth phone, headset and usb dongle...) and so I set about to get
skype to use the bluetooth headset.

Short version, is that it works great... first time...

Running
  btsco <Address>

pops up the pin dialog and then it connects and its all happy.

If I disconnect (Ctrl C on btsco program) or turn off headset, and then
try to reconnect (Obviously after turning on the headset again) by
rerunning
  btsco <address>

I get "Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permisson denied.

If I navigate to (as root) /var/lib/bluetooth/<Address> and delete the
headset entry out of the linkkeys file, again it pops up the "pin"
window and will allow the connection.

Googling unfortunately, hasn't helped. Most other issues seem to be
because services aren't started or modules aren't loaded.

Has anyone else had some experience here that might be able to shed
some light.

Kernel 2.6.15
Alsa bluetooth stuff is from the sourceforge CVS repository (about 2
weeks old)

Thanks and Regards,

--

Adam Davin