[plug] deleted home directory files

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Thu Feb 9 15:52:06 WST 2006

Thursday, 9 February 2006 15:38, simon wrote:
> Milan Pospisil (pospim at gmail.com) wrote:
> > According to the drop down menu Delete means Shift+Delete, while
> > Move to Trash means Delete. That was the one I was aiming for, but
> > made a mistake with the rodent as these two are right next to each
> > other
>
> Wow. Someone forward this to the konq usability team :)

Normally, the user will be prompted when deleting directly (I can't
remember if one is normally prompted before moving to the wastebin as
well, as I've disabled it and remapped the shortcut to actually delete
when I hit delete).

> Im afraid your files are most likely gone.

If the file system is not a journaling one, there may be some hope.
e2undel and recover are two programs that come to mind for ext2 systems
(check /etc/fstab to see what file system is used if you are unsure).
If, however, it is an Ext3 system or Reiser, there is not much hope.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/