[plug] kvm issues

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 14:05:38 WST 2006

cut out the middle man and try one of the mouse, keyboards, screen soft options

  i.e.
    About synergy
  Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own display.

  cant rembember if this was the good one i read about in the pass

  but a scan of google or sorceforge with  mouse keyboards screen  (linux windows or any os)
  should get you a few hits

  suppose to be a very good one tha when you scroll off a screen edge you scroll onto the other computer

Ranz <ranz at devdata.net> wrote:
  Hi,

I am wondering if other people are using KVMs? I use a DUAL-VGA KVM
(Aten CS-1744), because I use dual display on my Windows PC and my Linux
(OpenSuSe 10) PC.

The thing that I've noticed is that if you start up the linux box whilst
the kvm is set to another PC (i.e. it's not active on the Linux Box) -
the X windows session doesn't pick-up the correct resolution or behave
the same as compared to if you started it up with the KVM set to the
linux box.

I am imagining that Aten build their KVM's to spec to Windows-based
drivers and software specs. Is this the reason or is it that Linux has
poor handling of KVMs?

By the way - the cricket is on today :) One day series is 1-all and
starts at 11 am at the Gabba.

--
Cheers,

Ranz