[plug] kvm issues

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Tue Feb 14 14:22:50 WST 2006

Hi Ranz,

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:18:55 +0800
Ranz <ranz at devdata.net> wrote:

> I am wondering if other people are using KVMs? I use a DUAL-VGA KVM
> (Aten CS-1744), because I use dual display on my Windows PC and my
> Linux (OpenSuSe 10) PC.

I run a single head KVM here with a dual monitor (one connects directly
to the computer) and I don't seem to have any problems with X. I have
specified dimensions and refresh rates for each monitor and card in the
xfree86 config file though.

On the topic of Dual head KVM's though, I have been looking at getting
hold of one for a while (4 port) but none of the wholesalers I have
spoken to seem to carry them (DMA, Compu, YCS.. I am sure there were a
couple of others in there..)

Where did you pick yours up from and for how much?

Thanks and regards,

--

Adam Davin
Byteme IT Services