[plug] FTP dates gone crazy and missing files everywhere ?

Ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 1 20:26:55 WST 2006

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:04 pm, you wrote:
> Ranime wrote:
> > I just used gftp and loged in as usual to
> >
> > mirror.pacific.net.au
> > ftp.ale.org
> > ftp.ii.net
>
> ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandriva-Linux/official/10.2/i586/m
>edia/main
>
> looks fine.
>
> > looking at the mandriva / mandrake updates ,
> > all the latest updates are gone, even the updates i downloaded last
> > week, some of the  mandrake 10.1 dates are 2004 not 2005 .
>
> Perhaps they've dropped Mandrake 10.1 from the mirror?
>
> > even the mandriva-2006 dates are 2004 and all recent updates are
> > missing for all versions ?
>
> I see April 2005 for the 10.2 release and updates with sensible date
> ranges.
>
> > can someone please confirm that I'm not loosing it please ?.
> > I was just checking updates for 10.1.
>
> I don't see a 10.1 directory anywhere on mirror.pacific.net.au, I
> guess they might've stopped mirroring it to save disk space.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

yes you are right  mirror.pacific.net.au dropped 10.1 a while ago.
so I was using the others that have 10.1  ie: iinet or ale.
both seem strange to me today.

/linux/Mandriva-Linux/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates
all read 2004 ?

and the mirror.pacific media/main maybe correct for the Main at 13th
April 2005 but not the
mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandriva-Linux/official/updates/10.2/main_updates
the last update I see is Tues 28th June 2005 ...   that cant be right
because I updated my 10.2 machine from this site yesterday with more
recent updates than that.

also please have a look at the ftp.ii.net  /pub/knoppix
 and see the 4.0.2  2005 CD reads 2004 to me.

 mandriva updates for 2006
--

Regards.
Ranime.