[plug] Firefox 1.5

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Mon Jan 30 13:20:26 WST 2006

Hi All,

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:54:57 +0800
"Senectus ." <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow.. I just bit the bullet and upgraded to the back port version of
> FireFox 1.5 (I'm using Ubuntu Breezy 6.10), and this version really
> _rocks._
> Its _so_ much quicker and lighter on my system than 1.0.7 and Flash
> stuff no longer bogs it right down.
>
> Very much recommended.

One thing that I found I miss in Firefox 1.5 is the ability to tailor
the print command. (IE File -> Print... -> properties)  For certain
documents (Reference etc..) I used to be able to tag -o number-up=X
(where X is 2,4,6,8 etc..) on the end of the print line to do N-up
printing. Alas not any more (At least not that I have found. I believe
I need to set up a separate printer under cups to regain this ability.

On the upside, the session manager is much better, even restores
multiple windows!

Regards,

--

Adam Davin