[plug] Trying to get maxon usb modem mm 5500su working...

David Buddrige dbuddrige at wasp.net.au
Sat Jul 15 06:07:12 WST 2006

I've been following the instructions at:
http://quozl.linux.org.au/mm-5100/

And attempting to use kppp to configure this modem.

One of the problems I have had is that when selecting the device, kppp
only offers the option of

/dev/usb/ttyACM0

whereas infact I have a device

/dev/ttyACM0

I attempted to get around this by running the command:

ln -s /dev/ttypACM0 /dev/modem

and then setting the kppp device to /dev/modem but it [the modem] did
not respond.

Any help muchly appreciated.

thanks guys

David Buddrige.