[plug] Trying to get maxon usb modem mm 5500su working...

David Buddrige dbuddrige at wasp.net.au
Sat Jul 15 22:23:59 WST 2006

hi guys,

I've been stuffing around with this modem [a cdma modem] most of the
evening, and am getting pretty tired, so am calling it a night.  I've
been having a chat on #linux-aus via irc with some limited success
[they're the guys that got me a certain distance with minicom] however
if there are any experts out there, I am willing to pay for assistance
with getting this up-and-running.  I have about 5 definitely usable days
left of my 10 day 'return at no cost' for this modem.  If I can't get it
to work before then I'll have to bite the bullet and get my $ back -
which would be a major pain because there's  no other way to get
broadband 4 me.

I've had some limited success with minicom - being able to connect to
the modem and send some basic at commands to it - but I do not know how
to go about actually translating this into a regularly usable internet
connection - at present all my traffic is just going through my 56k
modem.

if anyone is able/willing  to offer their time, I am happy to pay for
their services.  contact me on my mobile 0402-585-674 or at this email
address. 8-)

thanx guys

David.