[plug] iiNet Plans

Walter Hill regfrem at connect.net.au
Thu Jun 1 10:45:02 WST 2006

Further info.

I've been with iiNet for a couple of years.

I signed up with them on the basis of 1.5Mb/s if my home phone was
bundled. I signed up.

Late last year I received an email from iiNet saying (i) Line rental is
going up (ii) We'll offset that by increasing your quota from 2GB ->
4GB. Not happy but such is life.

I have just moved into a new house. I arranged to continue with iiNet
and rang to relocate my DSL service. I got Telstra to connect the phone
directly.

I discovered this morning that the 1.5Mb/s plans are now 512kb/s after
trying to find out why my DSL service had slowed down and the VOIP was
breaking up.

I rang iiNet Tech Support and spoke to a techie I then asked to speak to
a supervisor.

He told me this. Last year when iiNet customers were sent emails
informing them of the changes to the plans (speed changes) and given 21
days to bail out. However because I was on a iiNet DSLAM I wasn't told
about the speed changes - only some of the bad news.

When I rang to relocate in early April I wasn't told that then plan I'd
signed up for had changed. The iiNet supervisor told me that I should
have checked iiNet's WWW site and that by changing their site they had
informed their customers.

I pointed out that if I was a new customer I would have checked the plan
before signing up. But as an existing customer I should have been told,
and that it was unrealistic to expect me the customer, to monitor the
web site of every entity I deal with. Banks, Insurance Companies... I
said that I felt as though I'd been treated like a second class
customer.

I said that if I'd been aware at the time that their plans had changed
I'd have picked a different ISP, unless they'd guarantee me a spot on
their own DSLAM. I also said that their omission constituted being
mislead. On that basis I requested that (i) The relocation fee be
re-credited $99 and (ii) the early disconnect fee be waived $69.

Apparently this is not acceptable to iiNet.